How to Get Started with Intermittent Fasting


Below I have come up with some tactics you can use to help you incorporate some kind of intermittent fasting into your lifestyle with the least amount of pain.
  • Push back your breakfast by 15-30 minutes each day until you are able to fast 16 hours in a row (dinner-breakfast 16 hours…ie. 6 pm until 10 am or 8 pm until noon).
  • Start your day with a light breakfast instead of a big one and decrease the amount you are eating to a very small amount with a bigger lunch until you are just having coffee in the morning.
  • Try having a coffee with stevia, cream and butter in it for breakfast instead of food.
  • Drink lots of water first thing in the morning and then a coffee. Yes, you will need the washroom but it will fill your belly and caffeine is a good appetite suppressant.
  • If you’ve been thinking of trying the Ketogenic diet which naturally suppresses your appetite after doing it for about 3-4 weeks then give it a try but don’t do intermittent fasting until you have adapted to this lifestyle first.
  • If you are struggling with missing breakfast then try having an early dinner and stop eating at night instead. This may be even more beneficial for fat loss as your belly should be empty when you go to bed, giving your body a break from digestion.
  • Keep busy! If you have a busy morning planned, chances are you won’t even notice your belly growling. I will tell myself that I can eat after I have drank a full glass of water, finished my housework, done my workout and any errands that I had to do. That way, I get things done quickly and know that my meal is coming.
If I haven’t convinced you yet to try intermittent fasting, that’s okay. It is a ‘tool’ for you to put in your toolbox for health and it is there, should you ever need it. The great thing about fasting is that it’s accessible to everyone. There’s nothing you need to buy or do to get started, and no one but you will benefit from it. It may just require a change in thinking, but change is good my friends.
Change is good.

Comments