Burn Stubborn Fat with Fasting and Other Benefits





Benefits of Intermittent Fasting


  • Helps me to distinguish what true hunger is, apart from boredom, meal timing, cravings, etc.
  • Makes me feel that I have done something pivotal for myself and for my health.
  • Frees me up from cooking, eating, packing a lunch, etc. so I have more time.
  • Burns stubborn body fat (this is the only way that I’ve been able to get rid of stubborn thigh fat that I’ve been holding onto since early adulthood).
  • Increases my gratitude for what I have and where I live.
You don’t need to intermittent fast every day like I do. The reason I rarely eat first thing in the morning is that I’m rarely hungry first thing in the morning anymore due to following a ketogenic diet. You can benefit from trying fasting just once per week. It can give your body the kick that it needs to start burning fat and removing toxins. I much prefer intermittent fasting to a detox program.

Now, fasting for longer than twelve hours can be a challenge if you’ve never done it before and you don’t follow a Low carb or Ketogenic diet. The reason fasting can be a challenge, is that your body has grown to expect a surge of energy, in the form of food, from you at the same time every day. Typically it takes your body up to twelve hours to complete the digestion process from your last meal so in order to benefit completely from intermittent fasting, I recommend aiming for 14-20 hours. Take your time and push yourself just a little bit further each time.
If you choose to fast longer than 20 hours, then you may wish to drink an electrolyte drink using sea salt, salt free (potassium) and baking soda. A half teaspoon of each in a glass of water will help you to feel better while you're fasting.
Remember, it's all mindset.




Comments